Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Where am I ?

Where the heck have I been? Well, for those of you who do not know, I am a Curator at the Cherokee Heritage Center in Tahlequah. This week I have been setting up our annual Cherokee Homecoming art show with 192 pieces of artwork for a big reception Friday. This means long hours at work and away from the shop. But don't worry. Starting this weekend the paint, wood and acrylic will be flying!

As a preview of this years casts. Judi has been posting some on the Facebook page and they are AMAZING! I totally need to step my game up. They are some amazing artists.

Artist Mo Wassell of the Stillwater, Oklahoma area captured the spirit and personality of our survivor Marcenia with her beautiful work!

 Artist Lenora Davis captured the spirit of our survivor Jill who finds strength in butterflies

No comments:

Post a Comment