Sunday, August 8, 2010

Flashback 2008

I know how excited everyone is to see some color, but before that I wanted to flashback a couple years. For those you didn't know this isn't my first rodeo, errr breast cast. 

I was honored enough to be chosen in 2008 and matched with cancer survivor Lyndi. The cast was made from her. Unfortunately, I was not able to meet or talk to her until the gallery show that year. I chose a design that came to me and luckily she said it was great and fit her.
The piece is created with aerosol/acrylic paint, mounted on sand carved Plexiglas with a wood background. The heart/ribbon design was carved in the corners of the Plexiglas to echo the theme. 

This is a teaser of the materials I will be using for this year cast, but it will be very different in theme and colors.
Thanks again to Judi and Lyndi for giving me this humbling and rewarding opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment