Sunday, August 15, 2010

Weekend Post

Big Weekend update. 
I finally was able to add the last coat for the background colors for the cast. 
Adding layers of splatter and light coats of color gives a great texture. There is a soft dark brown coming from the base and yellow from the top to great a bit of lighting drama. This is ready for the detail paint job that I will hand paint on top. 

I wanted to start working on the back panel. 
I used the original scale drawing and used another piece of paper to create a template. I love light tables. 
I cut out the pattern and used it to outline the design on the wood.
Wood + band saw = sawdust.
After some cutting, sanding and repeating. 2 panels are ready. 
I want the back to be bright, so adding a white base will make the light colors brighter with less coats.

More to come this week.

2 comments:

  1. Love how this is turning out Mike. You are doing a great job and it will look fantastic when you are done.

    Yes I have been watching.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH It's looking GREAT! You were a busy boy! Keep up the good work! :-)

    ReplyDelete