Monday, August 30, 2010

DONE!!

Don't scroll down and get a sneak peak. 
You have been with me from the start. So let's finish this off together.

After cutting out the design, I used my pattern again to protect the back from the sand blasting.

What is it? Its my homemade sand blasting cabinet. I know it looks redneck, but it only cost $20 to make and it works. Stop laughing, lol

Wing inside the cabinet. Seriously, stop laughing, lol.

And after some time making a sand tornado in a box - Frosted acrylic.
Stage 3 DONE!
Assembly:

I measured 4 times and started drilling holes. 
This is a reenactment. I would never drill left handed.

Bolts and nuts. Slot A into tab B...

And now.....

drum roll.......

TA DA!!
I am very happy with the way it turned out. Based on some of the other finished casts, this looks to be the unofficial "Year of the Wings." I am so honored to have this displayed with the other great art pieces that I have seen so far. I also hope my wonderful lady who this represents likes it too.

Please check all of the finished casts out throughout Tulsa in the month of September. Also remember to follow Breast Impressions for more news on the gala Oct. 2nd and more upcoming events.

Thanks for following me on this journey, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

4 comments:

  1. i think shes going to love it- great job!
    and now you sleep.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, that turned out amazing. Can't wait to hear how the Gala turns out and what you lady says about it. Congrats on a great job.

    Hugs, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES YES YES!!! Mickel it's BEAUTIFUL!!! And SO Karen!! I'm going to send her this pic!!! YOU ROCK HONEY!!! SERIOUSLY. It's STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mickel, you did an amazing job. It turned out beautiful and I just know the woman it represents will love it. Congratulations on another great piece of work.

    ReplyDelete