Thursday, August 4, 2011

Equestrian=Done

Thanks to everyone who has been following along.
I am passing over the sanding period and taking you straight to the final construction. The sanding was about 24 hours, but its not visually interesting, trust me.
I had to mount some the pieces in a certain order to make sure I had room to work. Although it is easier to work in layers, to hide the mounts and glue sometimes you have to work backwards. This is the metal horse done and mounted to the top wood element being glued to the lower level. 

Adding the last metal trim to the sides before calling it done.

I wanted to show the steps of each layer so I photographed it after every few pieces to show it coming together. (click pic to see it full size.)

It's Done!! On display at Living Arts in Tulsa for the Oh Tulsa opening August 4th

Ok, one shot of me for scale reference.

Thanks again for following and I hope you come out for the Oh Tulsa opening August 4th at Living Arts in Tulsa keep an eye on my website MickelYantz.com for some upcoming news!

1 comment:

  1. That turned out Wonderful Mike. I hope all works out good for you at the show.

    Hugs, Jo

    ReplyDelete