Friday, July 15, 2011

Making Pieces

To put a puzzle together you need the pieces. The fun part of being an artist is making my own pieces. 

I have finally learned something in making art. They say measure twice, cut once. If you cut your patterns out of paper first. You know that the pieces will match up. And yes I had to cut some of them out twice.

Laying out the paper patterns on the wood

 Chopping up the boards
Getting the big pieces ready


 After the blanks are cut I needed to laminate a few of them to give me the wide blank. The wood is in there under the clamps, paper and braces...I think.

 Back pieces are cut down to size.

Shapes are coming out.

The glass is ready to be picked up and the wood is about ready for the long journey of sanding. Time is short on this project so every day counts. I hope for a productive weekend. 
Thanks for following.

No comments:

Post a Comment